Saturday, November 14, 2009

World Travels (at least through Mexico)

Yesterday Shannon, Lisa, Laura, and I all got together to plan a little bit for our travels during Christmas break. I am now so excited about all of the places that I'm going to see that there is almost no hope that I will be able to focus on all my schoolwork before we leave!!

We're going to start in Mexico City, pass through Puebla, and then head toward the Yucatan Peninsula passing through Veracruz and Tabasco. Then we'll go west and see various places in Chiapas and Oaxaca before ending back up in Guanajuato!

Of course not being home for Christmas will be a little strange, and I'm going to miss being with my family, the Christmas tree, the apple cider, the endless hours of reading for fun, etc. But, I am also really grateful for this opportunity to know more of Mexico, practice my Spanish, and spend a month with wonderful friends. It is going to be SO much fun!

No comments: