Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy 6 Months!!

I am currently experiencing deja vu, but 100 times better!

Since being back in Guanajuato, things have been pretty similar to how they were last semester at this time:
I have run from office to office trying to figure out how to register for classes
I have hiked to the Bufa
I have a roommate from Argentina
I eat meals with the family
I go to cafes, and plazas, and museums

What makes this semester even better, however, is that I actually understand what's going on! It's so interesting to experience the same process and do the same things, but with the understanding that whatever conversations I have or instructions I receive, I can handle it. It puts a whole new perspective on living in Guanajuato. I'm so proud of how far my language skills have come (although, don't worry, I still make an idiot out of myself quite frequently, I'm sure), and I know that I'll be able to enjoy myself even more this semester because I can be more outgoing instead of worried about myself all the time.

Classes start tomorrow...bring it on Spanish syntax!!