Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Can No Longer Walk

Today I mountain-biked 35km. I am so sore.

I thought that I would be somewhat okay since I've been running quite a bit the past month. WRONG. I was definitely the slowest one out there (somewhat embarrassing), but I kept going the whole way, even carrying my own bike over my shoulder when the trails got too overgrown to ride.

I love the excitement of trying something new. Mountain biking is completely out of my scope of daily life, but I saw more of Guanajuato today than I knew existed. I'm constantly being reminded of how humbling it is to go out of my comfort zone. If I always did what I knew/was good at, I would have never learned how to drive stick shift (actually, I still don't know if what I do can be classified as "driving"), moved to another country to force myself to learn Spanish, or gotten on a mountain bike. What would I miss out on in life if I refused to go out and learn (read: make a fool out of myself)? Well, for one, I wouldn't be training for this half marathon in 2 months! Sometimes I feel so hardcore...haha.

And mountain biking next Sunday? I think so!

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

You've always been hardcore.