Sunday, March 14, 2010

This past week I gave two English tutoring sessions to students in my facultad. One girl is pretty far advanced and we're going to work on her reading (I have Alice in Wonderland and we're starting with that)! The other guy is an extreme beginner and I have to speak more with him in Spanish than in English. This week we're going to look at vocabulary within the classroom and try to describe school experiences, both past and present.

I didn't realize until this how much I missed teaching and really enjoy coming up with things to do to help people learn. I'm excited about continuing to tutor Gaby and Julio Cesar (no, I did not laugh when he told me his name, but I'm kind of laughing now) this semester!!

In other news, I went mountain biking again for 6 hours today, and am not pathetically collapsed on the couch afterwards like last week. I think I'm getting better!

2 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

Speaking of Julio Cesar, tomorrow is the Ides of March

Lydia said...

You are the coolest person ever. No lie.