Thursday, August 27, 2009

Various Impressions

-There are no rules regarding driving. If you are physically capable of doing it, it's allowed.

-"Class starts at 11am." Translation: Class could potentially start anytime between 11 and 12 so you just kind of hang out until the teacher shows up.

-I eat white bread every single day. What I would give for a sandwich made with wheat bread...

-Speaking of sandwiches, they are a breakfast food. No lie; I ate one this morning.

-The lavanderia, where I take my clothes to be washed, pleats every single pair of pants, including my pajama pants. Strange.

-Don't flush toilet paper! That's what trash cans are for.

-In some stores, a Coke is cheaper than a bottle of water.

-If I'm tired, the buses make me motion sick. Ugh.

-Only Americans wear clothing with logos from schools, clubs, camps, etc. posted all over it. Other people just laugh at you.

-EVERYONE here smokes. I'm going to be lucky if I don't die from all the second-hand smoke. NASTY.

That's all for now :)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

This just made me so happy. I love reading your blog.