Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's beginning to feel like Christmas...

...well, only kind of.

In my mind, Christmas means the smell of fresh pine tree, hot apple cider, sitting at home all day in my pajamas, cold weather, Christmas music, etc. There are signs of Christmas here in Guanajuato: downtown there are all sorts of Christmas lights, poinsettias (I had to look up how to spell that) are everywhere, there's a Nativity scene in Plaza de la paz, and a GIANT Christmas tree beside Teatro Juarez.

However, I can still go outside in the afternoons with short sleeves and I ate kiwis and cantaloupe (looked up that word, too) for breakfast, which are certainly not Christmas-y foods. Also, I keep remembering that I'm traveling south for the winter which means the chances of me seeing snow and/or ice are about 0%.

I'm sure it will be a good Christmas, just different.

P.S. Mom, I've decided that, since I'll be deprived of one this year, I want a Christmas meal when I get back in June: potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie...Mmmm :)

No comments: