Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday

I absolutely love Thursdays. I don't have class in the morning so my schedule consists of getting up early, running for 40-50 minutes, drinking carrot-orange juice from the market, and then finally showering and eating breakfast. I love it when I can enjoy the morning, and I don't have to rush :) Too bad I'm going to be a teacher...that means about zero possibility to take my time in the morning.

Also, this is my first blog post as a 22 year old. It's still a little surreal; 22 seems so "adult" (which I'm probably not). I had a wonderful birthday, though. Saturday I went out with Shannon, Armando, Lisa, Jenny, and Mark to eat Italian (there was not a tortilla in sight!) and then we went to a bar afterwards where several other exchange students came to hang out. Then, on Monday (my actual birthday) Shannon and Lisa and I went to eat dessert and celebrate (a little late) 9 months in Mexico. (This led to lots of conversation about how you say 9 months to any woman and they will automatically think of a pregnancy. Awkward.) The next day was Shannon's birthday which means there was even more cake. And all of this dessert right before our race...not good timing.

Last night I had orchestra rehearsal and, since people were missing, I sat first stand with the concert master which was actually really helpful because we talked the whole rehearsal about how things are said in Spanish. My music vocabulary has already increased probably 500%!

Last night I was looking online at the University of Florida which evidently has a really good Masters program in Hispanic Linguistics. It looked super interesting. I wish there weren't as many options since I can never decide...and then I wish that I could take advantage of these options. Moral of story: I don't know what I want.

Tomorrow Shannon, Lisa, and I go to Mexico City. Half marathon: T-3 days.

No comments: