Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sometimes it is good to not be as responsible and forget all about obligations :)

This past weekend I went to the beach, right before the last week of classes and with deadlines coming up within the next 10 days. But I went anyway :)

Shannon and Lisa and I went to Barra de Navidad in Jalisco which was really small, and with very few people...exactly what we wanted. I didn't take anything to do with schoolwork, but I did read two books in English!

So, the weekend was full of sun (I'm a little burnt) and lots of swimming. This was my third time in the Pacific Ocean (since I'm such an East-Coaster), and it is so different. It seems to me a lot rougher in general, and I have total respect for the ocean since it is so powerful, and if you lose control, well...that's it. We were constantly watching out for each other, probably a lot like worried moms, and made sure we swam when the waves weren't as big. Eventually, we figured out that where all the kids and families were swimming, closer to the boardwalk, was probably where we needed to be as well. Good choice.
Barra de Navidad:






So, my last viaje in Mexico was perfect. And, last night, Shannon and Lisa and I celebrated our last anniversary with coffee and cake. 10 months.

Now begins the times of "last": last anniversary, last trip, last class, etc. I can't believe it's all coming to an end so soon.

No comments: