Sunday, October 4, 2009

I actually have to do work here?

Unfortunately, the academic side of study abroad has picked up a little (or it could be that I just procrastinated). The latter is more likely.

Anyway, I'm reading a novel (finally) for my literature class on Wednesday. I have to say that I'm so thankful that it's not poetry because I've about had it with poetry in any language. NOT my thing. This book, however, would not be my first choice to read. It's called "El luto humano" by Jose Revueltas (translated: The human suffering) and it's pretty depressing. So far, two people have died, and the rest are walking with the corpses in this crazy storm to some unknown destination. Ugh.

It's taking me forever to read it because the vocabulary is kind of abstract, and there's so much description and not very much action.

On the bright side: I'm becoming extremely adept at looking up words in the dictionary. My mastery of the alphabet is stellar.

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

This made me giggle. Thanks for your thoughts. (: