Wednesday, September 2, 2009

At Least I'm Literate (Barely)

I just finished my first-ever novel in Spanish se llama "El niño con el pijama de rayas" (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). It had a grand total of 217 pages but I literally spent a little over two weeks reading it. It was so different from reading in English where I could finish a book in a day if I didn't have anything else better to do. Here, however, it takes a lot of work for me to read. Maybe there's some merit, though, in taking time to read a book because I really enjoyed it and it was a completely different pace for me.

Speaking of the book, you should read it. It's about a friendship between two boys (one a German and the other a Polish Jew) in Germany during WWII. Definitely worth the two weeks.

P.S. In other news, I left the house this morning to walk to the bus stop, and when I turned the corner out of my street I almost ran straight into a bunch of cows standing at the side of the road!! I was so surprised that I stopped in my tracks and then, of course, burst out laughing. That might become one of my top memories EVER.

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

I've read it in English. And seen the movie, which made Ann and I cry buckets.