Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mas Vacas???

Ok. So I think I'm going to have to re-format this blog to just talk about my encounters with Mexican cows.

Today was El Dia del Estudiante (an entire day to honor university students-pretty cool!) and so there were no classes and tons of free concerts and parties. I hung out in downtown for a while and then came back in the afternoon to do some homework (yuck). After working for a while I decided I needed a break so I took Manchas, the family dog, out for a walk on a trail a little higher up the mountain.

I'd like to pause here to say how much I enjoyed walking with a dog and I think that this is something to consider when I return to the US. Hint hint.

Anyway, Manchas and I were walking along, minding our own business, when we rounded the curve and saw like 7 cows grazing on the side of the trail. Once again, I started laughing (I'm not sure why I find cows so funny) and Manchas and I passed by. On our way back to the house we passed by them again except this time they were DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL. One was making a lot of noise so I tried to give it as much distance as possible, and then I had to zigzag through three other cows (all with horns) and the whole time I had visions of my death in Mexico by being attacked by a cow. I can't even begin to do justice to the situation and how ridiculous I must have looked so I hope you have a good imagination.

1 comment:

David Payne said...

Don't worry. My imagination is running circles around this scenario and dying laughing. Also, did you know you are more likely to be attacked and killed by a cow than a shark. Just FYI.